Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kitty Cat

Elliott and I went back to the vet today. He got more blood work, anti-nausea medicine, Pepcid and his Methimazole (he's hyperthyroid, not hypo). They took an x-ray to make sure there are no glaring abnormalities, and except for his TINY stomach and TINY bladder (because he isn't eating), he looks pretty good. The current plan is for me to pill him this weekend (three medications, two to three times per day), force feed him using a syringe, and if there's no improvement, we'll put him on a feeding tube on Monday. My hopes are not high... I don't think we'll make any progress in the next two days, but the vet didn't want to put him on a anesthesia and feeding tube today without knowing what his blood work looks like. I just tried force feeding and got maybe a half of a syringe in him. It's really, really hard.

So... this is fun. My apartment is an absolute wreck. If anyone knows anyone in Baltimore who will clean my kitchen, bathroom, floors, baseboards, and dust for $50 or less, please let me know. I just can't bring myself to do those things. Today I have a 'to do' list of the things I think I can accomplish, but I won't lie... most of my day will be spent crocheting and watching TV because I just don't feel like putting forth too much effort. I'm emotionally exhausted worrying about Elliott.

- Clean cat box - done
- Feed/Pill cat - syringe fed 3x
- Run dishwasher - done
- Do laundry/put away - one load down, one started
- Launder sheets - done (twice... don't ask)
- Cook - made a turkey and green bean casserole
- Finish calendar page so that Marie doesn't yell at me
- Crochet - learned a double crochet stitch

Yeah... I have a fun life, I know. And a possible sinus infection. Go me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

We hired a lady last week for $10 an hour. She did our house in 6 hours so she could probably do your apartment in less time. She works through Casa, so I recommend calling them for help, or if you want the lady we used (I don't know if she has transportation) I can get you in touch with her. The catch is she doesn't speak English so if you don't speak Spanish, we'd have to go through an intermediary. Hence Casa. It SAVED my life. Try it.

SO sorry to hear about Elliot. Good luck.

November 29, 2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh I am sad for you. I love you and Elliot. I'll be thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

November 29, 2008 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear you and Elliott are dealing with this. I hope his eating improves so he won't need a feeding tube.

PS
When I read your earlier post, I assumed you were referring to his TSH--but after I re-read it, it occurred to me that you were probably referring to his T4 level. Now it makes sense to me...my mistake.

December 01, 2008 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home