Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend Accomplishments

This weekend has certainly not been what I'd hoped. Today the Ravens play, so I'll watch that, and I have a candle party to attend at three. Hopefully that will provide a needed break. In spite of my Elliott-centric life the last few days, I have done a few things to be proud of.

Made my first turkey. It was a turkey roast (no bones) and more my size than standard, but it turned out yummy.

Made my first green bean casserole. I followed Jill's mom's suggestion, and made it with fresh green beans rather than canned or frozen and it turned out delicious.

Made headway on my blanket. I laid it out on the bed so that you can see the width. I've done a lot, but there's plenty to go. I also incorporated the double crochet stitch I learned yesterday into the green section. I'm not sure how kosher it is to switch up stitches on one project, but it's good practice. The double crochet stitch takes a long, long time though.

On the docket for today:

- continue to not miss D - ugh
- take care of Elliott - in progress
- finish calendar page so I can scan it at work tomorrow - Marie, I'll scan it Tuesday... sorry.
- crochet - in progress
- order Xmas gifts online - done
- buy candles at the party - done

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Hassel said...

I am so proud of you!!! You just learned how to crochet a week and a half ago and you've already done so much!!! You are AWESOME!!!



p.s. The word verification is "DABOM" It's meant to be. You are da bomb! Ha ha ha!

December 01, 2008 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home