Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Vegas Bound

I'm headed to Vegas in the early morning, and I still have a lot to do. My girlfriend is coming to stay with Antonio so that he has some sense of "normal," so I'm washing sheets, vacuuming, dusting, etc... and I still need to pack! Two loads of laundry are in process, and I am NOT in the mood to do any of this. Remember, I'll be at CES, so check my Facebook for updates while I am gone.

In the spirit of the new year, I've been thinking about my resolutions. Somehow this year i feel a little more serious and determined about all of them, so it will be interesting to see how I do. Unfortunately, though, because of my Vegas trip, these will be hard to start now... traveling always makes life more complicated.

Walk Antonio more - when warmer, when possible
Stop biting my nails for good - three days and I've only bitten one; that's a start
Stop texting while driving - haven't done this for a few days now
Monitor drinking and driving - be more cautious and more responsible
Lose ten pounds - my recent personal stresses haven't done me any favors
Pay it forward more - practice more random acts of kindness

That's only six, but they are significant. I'm REALLY worried about the nail biting on the plane. Traveling is bad news for my nails... cross your fingers for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can sympathize w/the nail biting. i quit that habit a few years ago by buying myself really pretty rings (my engagement ring helped alot, too) and a major investment in nail polish. no one wants to show off fancy rings w/wrecked nails, you know? idk just a thought... it worked for me :)

January 07, 2009 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home