Sunday, January 04, 2009

Weekends

Man, have I been lazy. I have spent countless hours crocheting and copying recipes, I've watched First Knight, Robin Hood, Nine Months and went with Nicole to see Seven Pounds. I cooked squash and Nicole and I cooked Pork Chops, sweet potatoes and spinach. And now I'm purging again: Three trash bags, a trunk of more stuff to go to storage, reorganized some kitchen cabinets, and I'm considering taking on the closet. I haven't worked on work at all. And I should. Really.

First, Seven Pounds. So good. You should see it. Will Smith is incredible. It's hard to give too much feedback without giving the storyline away, but the concept is heavy, maybe unrealistic to some extent (yes, a jellyfish, R), but I still think it was well acted. Really well acted. Now Nicole and I are stoked to see that new Clint Eastwood move (I forget the title) that was shown during the previews. It looks crazy good. And I don't even really like Clint Eastwood.

Second, the pork chops were easy, but note for all: Pork Chops NEED to be on the bottom when layering to bake. They were dry - the major mistake when making pork chops - but they were still tasty. Recipe below.

Orange Pork Chops
- Need: pork chops, oil, sweet potatoes, orange, cinnamon dash dash, salt and pepper
- Brown pork in oil.
- Cut sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place meat and potato slices in baking dish and cover with orange slices.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for one hour or until meat is tender.

Third, Annie, I am so sorry. Here is the lentil soup recipe.

Pam Costa's Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 package on lentils (rinse well)
- Soak for a couple of hours, then simmer, add salt and pepper (heavy on the pepper) and add three bullion cubes (I did both chicken and beef).
- To make meat balls (not "normal" meatballs), you will need: ground beef (I used turkey), eggs, onions, bread crumbs, little salt.
- Brown meat balls and then add to simmering soup. Cook for an hour or so. Cool. Better when reheated.

Fourth, I'm pondering cooking again today. My choices are:
- Stuffed green peppers
- Stir-fry veggies/rice
- Baked chicken/rice

Lastly, did I mention I am going to CES again? I'm actually not that excited, I think MacWorld and CES are going to be relatively disappointing this year. It's my third year, and it's frustrating to get excited about new gadgets when they never launch, are delayed by a year, or only launch in Europe. I guess I'm not expecting to be surprised. Either way, I'll be mobile-posting to my Facebook page. So if we're friends, enjoy! If not, ask me to be friends now. I leave early Wednesday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear this may be the last MacWorld. Have you hear that?

January 04, 2009 7:25 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I doubt it - but Steve Jobs/Apple will play a lesser role for sure. Somewhere, somehow, there will be a MacWorld. It may be smaller and managed by others, but it won't cease... nah.

January 04, 2009 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

safe travels, C! let's get together when you get back... i still owe you your xmas present.

January 05, 2009 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, thanks for the recipe...and Happy New Year to you...I was not on the computer ALL weekend...hehehe, it was great..lol...I hope you had a great one, and have the best year of your life...
Hugs,
Annie

January 05, 2009 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home