Friday, March 13, 2009

Day Four

I woke up at 3 AM to the sound of someone scratching in the litter box. Yay! That means that Ana came out from under the bed to do her business without any help from me. Of course, she still didn't cover up her poo - a problem we'll have to deal with soon - but I am quite happy that she was responsible enough to come out of hiding to take care of business.

At 5:30 AM, I woke up to the sound of Ana eating (double Yay!), which means she came out on her own yet again to partake in food and water. I stopped myself from getting up, because it's important that she be able to do these things without it being a production, and even better yet, Antonio didn't react to the sounds either time so he stayed put, too.

All good signs. I'll still keep them separated while I am gone, but I think the days of dragging her out from under the bed are over. Now that I know she'll come out as she needs to, I'm going to leave it to her to come out when she decides she's had enough of her alone time and needs some momma love.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

When I first brought my cats home they were scared and hid under the bed also. It took a month or so until the more daring one would come on the bed while I was sleeping- he would sleep near my head, just out of reach... then he started edging closer and closer until I was able to pet him. Ten years later and I can't get the cat off my pillow. I still cherish that memory of him slowly beginning to trust and love me. Good luck, be patient. *hugs*

March 13, 2009 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Ana's getting there.

Good job!

March 13, 2009 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home