Monday, March 16, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (the Early Edition)

1. I am so excited for my girls to get here. Even though we'll be together for only twenty hours or so, I can't WAIT! NKOTB, here we come! (Again!)

2. I'm driving home to Ohio on Friday morning. I drop the girls off at the airport at 6:30 AM, then I'll pack and hit the road. Baby Shower and grandparent visits are planned.

3. Ana. Sneezes. At night. In my face. I don't like it.

4. Ummm... weird question: what are girl cat nipples supposed to look like? Ana has funny looking nipples - I'M SORRY! They're skinny and long-like. Weird, right? But maybe I just don't know girls.

5. I realized on Sunday that I'd seen 44 of the 100 American Film Institute's top movies. Make that 45 because I just finished watching Bridge over the River Kwai. Wow. I think I saw it as a kid, but I'm glad I watched it again as an adult - it's a great movie. Really, really great. Next up: The Grapes of Wrath.

6. On that note, if you don't have Netflix, I highly recommend it. While I'm waiting for one movie to arrive, I watch one or two more on the Internet. Next on Netflix online: Casablanca.

7. I need to finish Jeanne's blanket. Like... pronto.

8. Marie wants me to start digital scrapbooking. Hmmm... another hobby.

9. Oh! Ana has a meow. Barely. It is even more pathetic than Mariah's meow. She's tried about three times, and each time I know that she's meowing more because I can see it rather than hear it.

10. I almost forgot: READER POLL. Where can I get decent crab cakes to go that will last the drive (chilled) to Ohio? I need something easy and local, but not cheap-o. Help. It's for my grandpa.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

The NKOTB show is awesome. We went on Friday. They changed it up a bit and we are pretty sure it is a bit longer this time. We played groupies and stood by the tour buses. It totally paid off and we got to meet Donnie. You guys are going to have so much fun.

March 16, 2009 10:51 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Um... I'm flying home this weekend too! Any chance we can organize an impromptu karoke night? I think I might be able to drag my mom and sister!!

March 16, 2009 11:10 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

1. I'm so jealous!!!
3. Reminded me of my favorite line from Counting Crows Ana Begins "and everytime she sneezes I believe it's love..."
4. Has she had a litter before???
5. I love the Grapes of Wrath... I love Henry Fonda. Have you seen 12 Angry Men? It's one of my absolute favorite movies!!!
6. I didn't really like Casablanca... I know, I'm disowned by women.
9. My cats have that silent chattery meow when they are looking out the window at birds or small animals!! hahaha.
ps- Have a safe trip! Blow Jordan a kiss for me (even though I know you love Joe!)

March 17, 2009 4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would suggest hitting G&M before you go. I believe their carry-out will let you get crab-cakes prepared for cooking. Keep them in a cooler, and they should stay fresh for your ride home to Ohio.

March 17, 2009 5:54 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Ana may have a little respiratory infection/cold from her time at the shelter. Extremely common. Cats don't sneeze unless they have a reason to. Hope it stops soon! If her eyes are runny, she may need antibiotics.

March 17, 2009 7:59 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

do it. do it. do it. do it.

March 17, 2009 8:37 AM  
Blogger Jamaila said...

G&M down here by us has fantastic crab cakes and I believe they have a facility that prepares them for shipping, so you can either get them from the restaurant or get them from the shipping people ready to travel.

March 17, 2009 9:07 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Missy - Photos will be taken and a report will be provided. I AM SO EXCITED!

Jodi - I can probably do Friday or Saturday night. Days full. Nights open.

CA - I've seen 12 Angry Men, but I really should watch it again. I think it's online which makes it way easier.

JJT - Noted and thank you. :)

Summer - I'm not taking her to the vet until a week from Friday. No eye gunk, no nose gunk. Can we wait that long or do you think she'll be okay?

Marie - Need info... and possibly an investor. :)

Jamaila - Thank you!

March 17, 2009 10:47 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Casablanca is fantastic. Enjoy!

March 17, 2009 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd suggest "Laura," (starring Gene Tierney). What a classic film.

March 18, 2009 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G&M for sure for the crab cakes. Not sure about the cat nipple question... I'll check out my 'rents cats the next time i visit. i'm weirded out that i wrote that, but for you - anything :P

March 18, 2009 11:20 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Call Corner Stable up here by us! They have awesome crab cakes and they will sell them uncooked and packed for carry out- I've had to take a customer there before.

Crab cakes I know... cat nipples I do not.

Have fun at NKOTB and in Ohio!

March 18, 2009 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost bet that Ana had kittens in her lifetime (because of the nipple thing)
~Annie

March 19, 2009 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home