Monday, March 07, 2011

Those Who Trespass Against Us

My car was rummaged through again last week. I'd like to tell you when it occurred, but since I rarely drive anymore, I just can't be sure. Do I lock my car? Yep. Did I leave my car unlocked? Possibly.

I'd like to say that I was horrified or violated... or affected somehow, but the truth is that after doing a quick mental inventory of the items in (or not in) my car, I cleaned up and shrugged it off.

It's amazing how eight years of living in Baltimore can change someone. Not that this is by any means a representation of how much I've changed, but it's telling. I don't really care anymore. When all was said an done, I tossed the papers back into my glove compartment, the chargers back into my center console, took note that I'm down about $1.50 in change, and moved on.

At least they left my collection of Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cham said...

Nice to see you have returned to the blogger dark side. I've grown bored with Facebook.

I hate it when the car rummagers upend my coupon collection. In the dark they always think there might be some money in the billfold. Coupons, people, coupons. No money, can't trade shampoo cents-off for crack, no sir. Leave it where you found it.

March 09, 2011 4:52 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

Good for you! Way to look on the bright side!

March 13, 2011 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home