Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wiener Dog Tees

Since I have a dachshund, I have a small collection of wiener dog t-shirts. They're not exactly the kind of shirts I'd wear out on the town, but I often wear them when I take Antonio for a walk or to the park. So today I came home, changed into jeans, flips, and a wiener dog t-shirt, and hit the streets of Highlandtown on the lookout for more bags in trees.

You know what? I really should have thought about my wardrobe a little more. Do you know why? No? You sure?

It's voting day.

Yep... low and behold, I ran into a group of voters (of all ages) standing outside of a local voting site. After 'oooohing' and 'aaaahing' over my adorable dog, they looked up at my t-shirt. And they laughed. Sort of. There, in the midst of children, fathers, and grandparents, I stood there wearing this shirt. Shoot me now.

(For the record, no one tried...)

6 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

HA! HA HA! Oh, too funny! I wish I could wear fun tshirts like that, but they are not made for those of us that are more...particularly well endowed up top, if you know what I mean.

(C, not to say that you're not, but I can tell you don't weigh as much as I do, darling :-) )

September 12, 2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

i have actually seen this shirt and wanted to get it for you but alas they only had it in xxl...which i thought may be a bit big
oh and bwhahahaha

September 12, 2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shirt. I bought one for my head network engineer last year.

September 12, 2006 10:55 PM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

I got a good chuckle out of that! Good one.

September 13, 2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger puerileuwaite said...

Cool things about your post:

1) You have a Dachshund. I want to own one someday. Weiner dogs are intriguing. I already have 2-Pugs and a Shih-Tsu. So the owner weirdness requirement has already been met.

2) You named him Antonio. Dogs with certain human names are ultra-hip. My next male dog shall be named "Steve".

3) Double-entendre t-shirts hold a special place for me. Your allegedly awkward yet - I suspect - secretly exhilarating encounter with a random age group sampling of voters was icing on the cake.

September 13, 2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

If I had been drinking anything it probably would have come out my nose and all over my computer. You are hilarious.

September 13, 2006 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home