Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's CHRISTMAS!

Okay, it's not Christmas quite yet, but I had a Christmas-like day.

First, my work day went really well. I got to spend some one-on-one time with my boss over lunch which was really great. She's a tough lady and expects a lot, but honestly, it's about time I prove myself. I know I'm capable of kicking some major behind, but I've never really been given the chance to show what I can do. I can tell she really believes in me, and she's assigned some very high profile accounts to me. BIG names. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :) She thinks that I might be the perfect candidate to take over an inventory project because I'm the data-girl (what's new?), and I expressed interest in a few accounts that they can't seem to get off of the ground. Those projects are right up my alley, so if I can prove myself with my assigned accounts, I'm going to have a lot of opportunity to make some waves. So, so cool.

While I was in training I received an email from the mail room that I had a package. I thought that was a bit odd for me to have a package on my third day, but low and behold, they gave me a box marked "perishable." FLOWERS! My recruiter sent me flowers to congratulate me on my job. Isn't that cool? They are orchids. I don't think I've ever received orchids before. They are gorgeous.

After work, I went to Target and bought a cute little bench that is going to serve as a coffee table/workspace from now until I master my job (so basically forever). It's large enough to hold two laptops (personal and work) yet small enough not to take over my very small living room. Super cute.

When I got home from Target I had TWO packages waiting for me. One of them held my new shoes, which, I am sad to say, are actually more of a sage than a camel color. They are still very cute (I'll keep them), but now I still need to find camel colored pumps in size 5 for work. That's going to be a pain. Grrrrr. But... I still had another package to open! Any guesses on what is was?

COOKIES! Yep, my gal, NPR Junkie cooked me cookies to raise my spirits, and BOY did they work. I asked for oatmeal raisin, and she made me BOTH oatmeal raisin AND sugar cookies. AND I got a card with a nice note. Can you believe what a terrific gal she is? Junkie... THANK YOU SO MUCH!

What a great Wednesday. Seriously.

8 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

hey... i want f'in cookies! and your shoes... and your cute little table. dammit. i'm feeling a little stalkeresque tonight. hehehe.

October 19, 2006 12:34 AM  
Blogger Sean Carter said...

Looks like you had an awesome day Charissa... Congraths for the inventory project u got... Wish i got homemade cookies from somewhere...
Peep into this amazing Christmas Blog to check out some really cool stuffs

October 19, 2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

you rock!

are you going to snay's happy hour? i'll keep the boy in check for ya :D

October 19, 2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of shoes, C (super cute btw). as much as i despise wal-mart, i found a pair of cheesy hiking kicks for saturday. check it out. under $20. see you soon!

October 19, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I need to be kept in check? wtf.

October 20, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

just messin with you snay :D

October 21, 2006 5:58 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I should be coming - although I can't stay too long b/c I'll have to get home to the dog. At least this HH is on my way home from el neuvo jobo...

October 21, 2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Cherylann: Let me know what kind of cookies you want, sugar, and I'll make em and send em.

October 23, 2006 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home