Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sleepy

I left work at 5:16 PM today. Having stayed so late all week, I practically RAN out of the building when the day was over. I'm still loving the job, certainly; I'm just stressing and not sleeping very well. In fact, I haven't slept well in awhile. I normally wake up at least once during the night, but lately it's been three or four times. I'm just not getting good sleep, and going to bed earlier doesn't going to help.

Anyone know of some good sleep aids? NOT the over-the-counter kind, like unisom, but natural remedies. So far I've tried the following things:

- Milk
- Wine
- Tylenol PM (works for 4 hours)
- Melatonin
- Exercise

I need to get more sleep. Short of drinking every night - which I do not want to get in the habit of - I don't know what to do. I am definitely tired, but I have so much running through my head that I can't relax. Help!

7 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You could always shoot yourself with a phaser set to stun.

November 30, 2006 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Ambien. Does wonders for me with ZERO morning-after grogginess.

November 30, 2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger jwer said...

Read complicated nonfiction; even if you're interested in it, trying to comprehend it all as you're laying in a bed will only go so far. Also: more wine.

December 01, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

did you try sleepytime tea?

December 01, 2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading or sleepytime tea (like cherylann suggested). Alcohol actually robs you of restful sleep. Your body doesn't get to regenerate itself. You could also try meditating or some other relaxation type of technique.

On another note...how about tapas tonight? I was looking at the Tapas Teatro in Baltimore, it's only about 15 minutes away from the bowling alley. :)

December 01, 2006 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

calms forte by Hyland's. It's homeopathic. I've never used it (being preggo and all) but I know three people who SWEAR by it... gonna get some at some point :)

December 01, 2006 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try a TBSP of molasses in the warm milk. There is something about the combination that actually works. Also a great caffeine-free tea that totally relaxes you and almost sedates you. It is called Rooibus Tea - comes from a plant in South Africa and is all natural and so good on many other counts - like helping with circulation, calming, relaxing, higher than green tea in antioxidents - google Rooibus and read up on it - we usually have a cup every night and within 15 minutes I'm asleep.
Can be purchased at most grocery stores, but we have a south african shop here in Vancouver and I buy the stuff straight from S.A. - Good luck with your sleep! zzzzzzzz

December 02, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home