Sunday, December 03, 2006

Charissa Sleep Test #1

So starting tonight I will try different combinations of natural drinks and rituals to improve my sleep quality. Sometimes I have difficulty falling asleep, but mostly I have problems staying asleep. We'll see if anything works.

As a caveat, I want to mention that I am on seizure medication for two seizures that I've had in a five year timeframe, so using OTC "sleep aids" is really out of the question unless my doctor gives the go ahead. Read the labels on those babies and they say that a rare side effect is seizures. Not exactly a risk I want to take, so natural remedies are my preference.

That said, tonight is warm milk with molasses, recommended by Cathy, as well as a calming new age CD, Crysalis, which was pseudo-recommended by Danielle (she recommended yoga, but this is the closest thing I have readily available. I'll have to get a yoga DVD sometime this week.)

I've never bought or eaten molasses, and I gotta tell you that I wasn't that thrilled with the smell. Hopefully it will taste better in the warm milk, if not... I'm gonna have to chug it.

Sweet dreams my friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

ooooooh... if you want some real music to put you to sleep you need fluteboy!!! aka carlos nakai. he's a native american flutist... he comes in at night and hits you over the head with his flute. it was the greatest thing when i was having trouble getting to sleep when i was pregnant. check him out!

December 04, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Be glad you didn't live in Boston a century ago -- a big tank of molasses ruptured and spilled through the streets of Boston! People died. It was very awful ...

... yet very funny.

G'night, sleep well, don't let the beg bugs bite!

December 04, 2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home