Saturday, December 02, 2006

You Have GOT To Be KIDDING ME

So here I am sitting comfortably on the couch watching a Six Feet Under marathon on Bravo, when the show goes to commercial. "Oh look," I thought. "What cute little kids on this commercial. I wonder what it's about." The commercial shows the tops of kids' heads, and the kids talk about all of the clues that prove they're getting older/bigger... such as brushing their teeth by themselves, getting taller, etc. Finally the commercial declares its point... "But if they're under 4'9" they need a booster seat."

WHAT???????

Is it wrong for a 29 year old 4'11" female to feel a little AWKWARD at this announcement? Seriously. I am a mere TWO INCHES away from needing a booster seat? OH. MY. GOD. Not to mention that at my last visit to the doctor's, the nurse INSISTED that I measured 4'9". I, of course, disagreed with her knowing that I am 4'11", but this is all a little too close to home for me. I don't even know where to go with that.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

I'm sorry Charissa, but this little revelation of yours had me laughing my ass off. Don't worry about being vertically challenged, my friend... you are not alone. As I've told you, my cousin measures the same height as you and she's fine... but maybe I should bring this booster seat thing up to her and see how she feels.

Remember in the 70's and early 80's when no one even cared if kids had seat belts on... now they give out $100 tickets if your short teenager isn't in a booster... ridiculous!

December 02, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Oh oh oh! I have a brilliant idea!

Ever heard of a stretch rack? I mean, it's like, ancient, and all, but I think we could get you to like 5'0.

December 02, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger jwer said...

I recommend lifts, with goldfish in the heels. And a big floppy hat. Hee.

December 04, 2006 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home