Monday, January 29, 2007

Dinner and Duties

I had a great dinner after work today at Michael's Cafe in Timonium. The Chicken Marsala was delicious, and they even had my favorite wine ~ Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. Yum. Of course, it was $11 a glass... which is bloody ridiculous because the bottle is only $45 or so wholesale ($60+ in a restaurant). And being me, I told the bartender that it was ridiculous... he didn't have very much to say though. Oh well. It's nice to get to go out regularly again. I so enjoy the conversation and company. Glad I'll be doing it again on Wednesday. :)

On a reverse note, I have jury duty tomorrow. That stinks. I completely believe that serving on a jury is my civic duty - I've wanted to do it since Stephanie and I sat through a whole trial in college - but I'm not in the mood right now. Maybe I never will be. I'm so busy, and I have SO much to do at work... and, besides, I kinda like going there these days anyway. Grrrr.

At least I can wear jeans tomorrow. I love jeans.

4 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Y'know, the bartender doesn't set the price ... you should complain to the management or the owner.

January 30, 2007 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is my favorite white too. I knew we had a lot in common. I will call this weekend sometime to catch up. Miss you!

January 30, 2007 1:25 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Oh, you'll be in the mood after you watch the little video about doing your patriotic duty (which should not be confused with doodie).

January 30, 2007 1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the price you pay for a glass of wine in a restaurant is about what they paid for the entire bottle. The reason behind that is that if they open the bottle and sell only one glass of it, they have to be able to at least bring in the same amount of money they paid for the bottle.

So it's cheaper to order by the bottle, even though that's marked up significantly, too. If you're up to it, bring your own bottle of wine. Some places charge a corking fee, but really nice restaurants usually won't.

January 30, 2007 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home