Saturday, May 26, 2007

Volunteer Tree Surveyors Needed!

Guess what I'm doing in July? I'm counting trees! Anyone want to do it with me?

The City of Baltimore, in partnership with the Parks & People Foundation, needs your help to conduct a city-wide tree survey. Volunteers will receive training on tree surveying, including how to utilize handheld computers and survey software. Training sessions will occur in June, with work scheduled at volunteers' convenience in July. Contact Kari Smith at kari.smith@parksandpeople.org or (410) 448-5663 by June 1 to sign up.

http://parksandpeople.org

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a computer game, outside! Do you count kinds? Like, how many sugar maples, red maples, silver maples?
Do you describe health or age or tree?
Well anyway, it's better than a marathon, slower and it is helping.


Mom

May 27, 2007 8:07 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

I saw this in my neighborhood listserv and I think I am going to do it, too. I have the time w/o a summer class and I love trees. I did a tree identification class in hs and college biology, so I am totally experienced :)

May 30, 2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home