Sunday, June 03, 2007

Yesterday...

Yesterday, Antonio and I spent a few hours at Patterson Park - me reading, and him - watching squirrels, dogs, people, etc. We did this quite a bit last summer, and I enjoy it because it allows me reading time while Antonio gets stimulated by the surroundings. I probably read about 100 pages in my current book - more than I've read since being on the plane to and from Reno last month.

Later on in the evening, we headed to Jess and Russ' for a pool party and bonfire. Being the mean momma that I am, I sorta put Antonio in the pool (gently) to remind him that he can swim. He swam over to Russ who put him on a floaty where he was a lot happier. Poor little weiner dog, his whole body except for his head totally sinks. He looks like a little submarine.

Keith didn't bring swim trunks, so here's a pic of him by the fire in a towel. It's an image that had us all laughing because it's so, so, so... redneck. I didn't end up getting into the pool, after all. I sat and drank with my feet in the water, but after the sun went down I had little desire to be wet and cold.

We also notice the significant difference between winter bonfires and summer bonfires. Summer bonfires are HOT. I suppose that's why swimming will have to be a part of the event going forward... just to keep it bearable.

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

awww... we need pictures of Antonio the submarine dog!!

Oh, and you are so in luck because that thing on my blog doesn't start until TODAY (June 4th)... so you can still play!

June 04, 2007 4:00 AM  
Blogger Cham said...

Putting a doxie in a pool! Yikes! I bet poor Antonio was unhappy.

Also, courtesy of Jeff Foxworthy, if your underwear sometimes doubles as your swimwear you might be a.....

June 04, 2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger julie said...

I read a lot on the plane to and from Reno, too. :)

June 04, 2007 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gotta love those redneck fellars...they are good people! this is actually the first time i had checked that picture out...that is hilarious!

June 11, 2007 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home