Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Love Holiday Weekends

I woke up this morning at 5:40, thanks to a couple fighting out on the street. I ignored them as long as I could, until the girl started making fun of my street name and making inferences about the people who lived on it. I couldn't help myself; I yelled at her. I think I said something to the effect of, "Heeeyyyy... excuse you. It is 5:30 in the morning! Please. It's Five. Thirty. Seriously. [pause] Thank you." I bet I sounded pretty cranky, but I'm not ashamed in the least. She shut her trap after that and left.

So because of the morning's events, I was awake pretty early this morning. A coworker friend of mine called at 8 AM to remind me that she was headed to the Farmer's Market on Saratoga. At first I thought I'd go later in the morning, but then I thought, what the heck - I'm already up - and so I headed out to meet her, her hubby and another coworker friend.
I spent about $10 and purchased yams, carrots, mushrooms and green onions. The carrots are insanely huge. I have never seen carrots so big before.


That said, I've had major accomplishments already today:
1. Shopped at the Farmer's Market
2. Stopped at the bank
3. Swung by my storage unit to drop stuff off and picked up my lawn chairs and cooler for the summer
4. Painted my window AC unit frame (a wooden frame that keeps the AC unit snug in the window)
5. Painted a wall
6. Had landlord install AC unit (after I cleaned it)
7. Vacuumed
8. Dusted
9. Cooked lunch (egg sandwich)
10. Steamed carrots (soooo good)
11. Took Antonio to the pet toy store (we're trying a "9" rated toy this time)
12. Did one load of laundry
13. Ran dishwasher
14. Cleaned cat box
15. Gathered and took out trash

Left to do:
1. See CJ
2. Swiffer kitchen floor
3. Play games

6 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

Reading your list is making ME tired. It's a holiday weekend, love! Settle down! :-)

May 27, 2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Wow. That is a busy day. We just sat in our inflatable pool in the backyard.

May 27, 2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

Seeing that picture makes my mouth water for soup!!! I heart veggies! Oh, and for some reason "swiffer" still makes me giggle.

May 28, 2007 2:40 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Those carrots were huge!!!! And very good I might add. :) Thanks for sharing with your "weird" friends. :)

May 28, 2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger julie said...

You got so much more done than I did! Gonna have to start the lists again!

May 28, 2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Thanks for coming by Ang. I promise to never get mad at you for stopping by unannounced (AHEM!). :)

WOOP WOOP!

May 30, 2007 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home