Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ten on Tuesday: Birthday Edition

1. I am 30 years old today. (Gulp.)
2. What is totally cool is that my mom's birthday was just last week on the 4th of July. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, Mom!
3. I am going to work today. Yes, it's my birthday.
4. Big Brother 8 on Sunday was pretty good - but those were some pathetic nominations if I do say so myself. That Joe kid irks me to no end, and although it may be strategy to keep those boys in the house so that they are a constant target, I'd probably have to kill them if I was in the house. Just sayin'...
5. There is an INSANE amount of people coming to dinner tonight. We may just take up the whole second floor up at Mammas.
6. You know what's more insane than the folks coming to dinner? The INSANE amount of people coming out afterwards. I dunno, maybe I'm not very popular, and no one will show, but if even half of the people show that RSVP'd, it will be packed.
7. Did I mention JODI is coming tonight to celebrate with me? She's actually taking a bus to Baltimore to be with us on my birthday. Isn't she crazy awesome?
8. Due to #7 above, I spent my birthday-eve cleaning. I have prepped hangover supplies - you know - on the off off chance I don't feel so well tomorrow...
9. Oh yeah. I took tomorrow off work.
10. I am a lucky girl to have this many friends in my life. I truly am. I'll probably get drunk and tell you all how much I love you later tonight, but I'll take this opportunity to say it now. I have good, loving people around me, and you are all proof that I have done well in life. Thank you so much.

11 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Happy Birthday! Have a good time tonight! Sounds like you are going to have an amazing day!

July 10, 2007 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, love! See you tonight :D

July 10, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger Jamaila said...

Awww! Happy birthday! Wish we could make it tonight. :( We'll see you soon though!

July 10, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Happy Birthday Charissa!!!! Hope it's grand!!!

Probably won't make it tonight... still exhausted after vacation, but I'll be there in spirit! Welcome to 30!

July 10, 2007 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Freakin' birthday Rissa.

Mom

July 10, 2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

happy birthday!!!! you know i love you and oh your present is coming-had to wait for some important aspects of it :) :) :)
i will call around 5 if that's ok??

July 10, 2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great day!

July 10, 2007 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday Dear Charissa (BTW, didn't I ever tell you I love your name?),
Happy Birthday to You!

Welcome to the adult world! Now that you are a thirty-something, we will have to go over the secret handshake! Remember, you can't tell my little sister yet...not until November! Have fun tonight (I expect Fell's Point will never be the same again!)

July 10, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING CHA CHA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Welcome to 30. It has been pretty great so far, but I am glad you are here with me now!!! Have a great evening, and a restful tomorrow.

July 10, 2007 2:09 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

see here and add "10a. I am a Rockin' Girl Blogger."

You're making 30 look pretty good and making me sad you're leaving me behind in the 20s!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

July 10, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Happy birthday! :) Danielle threw me an invite, but I couldn't make it out. Hope you guys tore the house down.

July 11, 2007 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home