Thursday, July 05, 2007

Big Brother 8 - Season Premiere!

Oh blessed, blessed summer of Big Brother. Oh how I love thee. I am PUMPED that my favorite show EVER is back on. Pumped!

For those of you that don't know the show, Big Brother, click HERE for some basic background.

So this year there are 15 house guests, and three pairs of them (six people) are enemies who didn't know their enemy was going to be in the house. The pairs are: an estranged daughter/father, two high school enemies, and a couple of gay guys who used to date. The daughter broke out in tears at the sight of her estranged father, so God only knows the history there, and the gay guys were AWFUL to each other from the get-go, airing dirty laundry almost immediately. (The high school girls are boring so far.) So as complicated as it seems, this is all somewhat standard for Big Brother. Two seasons ago, there was a "DNA" theme, where people inside of the house were related to each other and didn't know it.

The cool twist on this season is the "America's Player" house guest. One of the house guests will do as America says (via votes) and for every five tasks he successful completes, he makes $10k. What does this mean? It means that viewers can tell him to cry, fight, or make out with someone and he'll do it. It's CRAZY! And yet... it TOTALLY ROCKS!

Here's the Wikipedia site for this season. Voting stats and updates will be made regularly.

This show is on three times a week for the rest of the summer. I'm so excited! And I can't wait until Sunday now... I'm so done for this summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

I wonder if you're excited that Big Brother is back on...

July 05, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

hahaha... I heart Big Brother too! My question... where do they get all that footage at the end of the show if it's suppose to be live and all that? I mean, aren't we suppose to be telling Eric what to do?? YAY!!

July 05, 2007 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm it seems to me I remember someone who was almost on that show. I just can't remember who.

July 05, 2007 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I missed the 1st one!!!

July 06, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger jpb2525 said...

I love this show too....! It is my guilty pleasure!! Hehehe!

July 11, 2007 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home