Monday, September 24, 2007

Netflix and Modelos

I brought back Modelo Especiales from the beach. Yummy. And instead of watching The Bachelor (season 865), I popped in Zathura. It's, well... a mediocre Jumanji. The youngest kid is super cute, but Zathura is to Jumanji as any Dan Brown novel is to any other Dan Brown novel: THE SAME.

When I first heard of this movie, I was shocked at the writers' audacity to write the exact same movie all over again and actually get it made. I had no plans of seeing it. But after the zillioneth recommendation on Netflix, I gave in. Mistake. Sure, Dan Brown can get an identical story printed, but books have to be a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to print that making an entire movie. This movie cost $65 million dollars. How on Earth did they get away with this?

Oh. And two stars. I didn't like it. I'm gonna go read my book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These days $65M is cheap cheap cheap, although its probably pricey considering they didn't have to do much with the script. They got away with it because it wasn't titled Jumanji in Space.

September 25, 2007 7:40 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Isn't it even more pathetic that it grossed $28M? What an embarrassment.

September 25, 2007 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home