Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Door Project Continues

I spent another five hours today working on the door. The detailed sanding is only about 50% done, and the major sanding (around the perimeter of the door) is maybe 90% done. It's a lot of sanding, chemical, strip paint, and sanding. Repeat the process. I'm tired and I think I have sawdust in my eye.

Here's the current status of the door. I swear - some of this paint will not come off. It's frustrating.

Here's a closeup of some detail work.


It might not look like much, but this was time consuming.




As I was cleaning up, the mail man came by. I really liked our conversation.

Mailman: Working hard?
Me: Yep, I've been sanding this door.
Mailman: I thought you already did that?
Me: Nope, I stripped the paint off last week. Now I'm sanding.
Mailman: Well, keep up the good work.
Me: Will do. Have a nice day.
Mailman: You too.

Simple conversation, but I've never even met him before, and yet he had noticed the work I did to the door. I love it. It's like I live in a small town or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never wanted my daugther to be a stripper, Alas

October 13, 2007 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home