Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday's Top Ten

This has been a long (and yet successful) work week. My big work event was Wednesday, and although we didn't get quite the turnout that I was hoping for, I'm proud of the work that we all put in to make it successful. It's a strange balance between pride and relief. I'm proud for what we accomplished, but relieved as anything that it's over. (Now let's hope I stop stress eating!)

Today I attended the PGA golf tournament at Baltimore Country Club. It was a work event, so I only stayed for a few hours and then went back to the office. I have never gone to a major PGA event before. It was pretty cool. We had a "tent" on a major hole, right near the green, so we ate inside, grabbed drinks, and sat on a private deck and watched the players putt away. I know very little about golf, but after eating and chatting for awhile, I finally sat with some gentlemen in our group who didn't mind answering all of my stupid questions.

Oh, and I really like saying "OH!" when a golfer misses a putt, and golf clapping when he makes one. It's almost as good as a fight during a hockey game (almost).

To close out, here's my Thursday Top Ten.

10 Fingernails bitten
9 Hours (times TWO) for the number of hours I worked Wednesday
8 Hours left in the work week
7 Hours of solid sleep that I need
6 Blisters on my feet
5 Hours I went without access to my phone, email or the Internet today
4 Different foods I have eaten tonight (bologna, mac and cheese, edamame, milk)
3 Pillows under my head right now
2 Pets that need some TLC
1 Mystery bruise on my body

2 Comments:

Blogger jpb2525 said...

You always amaze me. Using the 10, the way you did...absolute brilliance. I hate golf (yet, strangely enough we bought a house on a golf course?!)...but my mother-in-law is CRAZY NUTS about golf (really it is all about Tiger Woods)-you can't bother her (or even talk to her) during a tournament....LOL.

October 04, 2007 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your just beautiful beautiful I say

October 05, 2007 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home