Monday, October 01, 2007

Brandi Carlile: Live from Bawlmer

I heart Brandi Carlile. Seeing her live at Ram's Head on Saturday (9/29/07) was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. She is just amazing vocally and so pure and uninhibited. She sounds absolutely incredible live, and if you don't know her work, I encourage you to go out and buy her CDs or download them off of iTunes. She ranks pretty high on my list of favorite artists right now... right up there with ABBA (so you know how serious I am about this).

Seriously, watch these videos. I know there are a lot of them, but watch these videos and tell me if you think she's not awesome. (Most videos credited to the talents of Angie. I am an idiot and forgot my camera.)

"Raining in Baltimore" - She actually said, "I've been lookin' forward to playing this for you guys all night." I heart Baltimore. I bet Brandi does, too.


"Follow" taped by Angie


"Hallelujah" taped by Angie


"The Story" Part I (Angie's batteries ran out halfway through!)


"The Story" Part II


"How These Days Grow Long" completely unplugged! From someone on YouTube. (Marie - this video is going to be your favorite. There is no doubt in my mind. Can we please learn this and sing it together at Christmas?)


"Happy" from the same person on YouTube.


"Love Songs" from the previous fellow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandi is amazing. She's one of the best singer/songwriters out there right now and she certainly deserves all the success that is coming her way.

October 01, 2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

man i love her. seriously. i did love that song although follow will always be one of my favorites, i LOVE hallelujah-go rufus, and when i heard the story for the first time i couldn't stop listening to it. this girl can rock :)

October 02, 2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home