Wednesday, September 26, 2007

An Off Day

I had an off day today. I had disturbing dreams last night, woke up exhausted, and walked in to work about ten minutes late. On top of that, I've been having laptop issues the last week or two, so it took forever to get started this morning. I guess I had the feeling all day that I was always ten minutes behind. My 'to do' list is full, and I have plenty of time to get things accomplished, but I felt stressed or something today. I'm not sure what my issue is. This afternoon I looked at a co-worker and said, "Is it loud in here?" No, he said. It felt really loud in the room, and my ears felt blocked - like pre-rain or something. But it wasn't loud. Or raining. Like I said, I was just off.

I came home and immediately ate dinner. White cheddar macaroni & cheese and a bologna sandwich. Hmmm. Comfort food, maybe?

I've found that my appetite has been increasing recently. I spent all summer adapting to new food habits, much of which has stayed with me in my love for healthier and more nutritious foods, but lately I have been in a constant state of craving salt. I've avoided many bad foods for months, but there are some habits that die hard. I desperately want to eat some salty foods. All of the time. I suppose the medium-rare steak that I had in Ocean City didn't help any.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Ott said...

I've been eating like there's no tomorrow lately -- yesterday I downed almost an entire cheese steak sub and an order of fries. I haven't eaten like that in a long time, and I must say -- it felt pretty damn good. :)

September 30, 2007 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home