Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Won A Special Prize: Reader Participation

So it turns out that my fundraising for the Alzheimer's Walk in October ($750!!) earned me a prize from the Alzheimer's Association. Which prize do I want?

Braun Deluxe Handblender/Chopper
Set includes blender, whisk, chopper, bowl, beaker, and wall mount. Blends soups, sauces, baby food, juice drinks, and milk shakes. Whips cream, egg whites, and puddings. Chops herbs, nuts garlic, and onions.

Coby All Weather Sports CD Player
All weather splash-resistant durable design. Programmable track memory. Blah, blah, blah - it's a water-resistant CD player. I don't want this anyway.

Hamilton Beach Coffeemaker
Illuminated On/Off switch. One hour automatic shutoff. Removable filter basket. Auto Pause N' Serve.

Sutton Tote & Weekender
Sleek, sophisticated, micro-fiber tote and weekender. Great for the boardroom and/or a weekend retreat. Color: Black.

Timex Marathon Stopwatch
Digital display. Brown nylon lanyard. Brushed case. Water resistant to 50 meters. Dual time zones and alarm features.

Outback Fleece Sleeping Bag
Ideal for warm weather conditions. Constructed of medium-weight 8.4 ounce 100% polyester Anti-Pilling Panda Fleece for warmth and comfort. Features built-in nylon straps for easy carrying and convenient storage. Color: Black.

Alzheimer's Hooded Sweatshirt
Garment dyed, pre-shrunk 1005 ring spun cotton 11 oz. Heavyweight hooded sweatshirt. Jersey-lined hood and matching drawstring. Front pouch pocket. Fashionable 2x1 rib cuffs, relaxed bottom band and double-needle stitched seams. Embroidered with the Alzheimer's Memory Walk Logo. Color: Pepper (and available in small!)

Vote away... (but don't vote for the CD player. I don't need it with the iPod.)!

12 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

I say go for the chopper or the tote. Seriously, just think about all the recipes you can make up with a chopper!!!

December 12, 2007 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handblender.

December 12, 2007 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the chopper if you don't have one - I love mine and use it a lot.

December 12, 2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

We buy ourselves kitchen appliances all the time without thinking, but we rarely give a second thought the sleeping bag. That'd be my choice.

December 12, 2007 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the sleeping bag.

December 13, 2007 12:14 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

I'd go for the chopper as well. If you need a free coffee pot I'm pretty sure I have one, although not one with a timer. Fancy!

December 13, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

handblender. definitely the handblender.

December 13, 2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

Donate the prize bact to the AA. Not a sermon, just a thought! ;-)

December 13, 2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger John said...

Oooh, the chopper! Get the chopper!

(Would it be useless to point out that nobody will be suggesting the belly dancing class this time?)

December 14, 2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Kiddo, I say sleeping bag. You never know when your power may go out and you'll be cold.

December 15, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

What prize did you pick? My choice would definitely be the sleeping bag. I have a fleece bag from LL Bean and I live in it all winter in my house and use it in the summer for camping.

December 16, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Wow. I considered defaulting to the hooded sweatshirt, but not ONE vote. It's a good thing I polled, huh?

That said, the votes are as follows:
Handblender |||||
Tote |
Sleeping Bag ||||

For Jim - I can't donate it back. Most of these companies donated these gifts as incentives. You can take them or you not, but you can't redirect the donation into cash, so that's out.

So my decision? The sleeping bag. The reason is that I have a whisk, and then I remembered that I also have a Pampered Chef chopper. Goodness knows I don't use that one... so I'll try my hand with something that I don't have this time. Minimally, it will be a nice trunk blanket... you know, in case I get caught in a snowstorm in the mountains of PA on Friday. Toasty.

December 17, 2007 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home