Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Vericomcasticapsidolslyvania

My cable and DSL are out. "Out" as in a garbage truck took out both lines, and Verizon won't get out here until next Tuesday. "Out" as in my landlord spliced back into the broken Verizon line, in a McGuyver kind of way, and "out" as in we are hijacking (with approval) the neighbor's cable.

Fun. Especially when the Caps are in game 7, Tuesday is American Idol night, and today was the Pennsylvania Primary.

So. The Caps. F'n hell (sorry, Mom). But seriously. What a disappointment.

American Idol. American Idol was Andrew Lloyd Webber night. Um, coooool. Can you imagine singing one of his songs to him? Oh my. My favorites were David Archuleta (so bloody cute) and Carly Smithson (hot). Hands down. Castro was boring, David Cook butchered the song (my opinion), Syesha showed that she's in the wrong competition, and Brooke was just mediocre. Andrew Lloyd Webber's music is powerful. Even when it is light and lilting, it's powerful. My prediction for tomorrow's bottom three is Castro, Brooke, and Syesha. We'll see how I do.

Lastly... CLINTON WINS PENNSYLVANIA! WOO-HOO! There will be no upset, folks. Now it's just a matter of how much she won by. Right now... it looks like about 8% with 51% reporting. Oh, this will be a long, long night for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you don't go longer than supercalifragilisticaspialidocious
- that is supposed to be the longest word!!!

April 23, 2008 7:10 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

It concerns me more than a little that apparently a large factor in her win was organized cross-registration by Republicans to beat Obama.

Also, I'm sorry, her campaign is now about "why Obama is bad" and has virtually nothing to say about what she plans to do in office. And you know what? I don't care where her grandfather worked. She's from Illinois, lived in Arkansas for 20 years, and was the President of the Wellesley Young Republicans. Funny how those are NOT the tidbits she stresses, but they seem a bit more relevant to me.

April 23, 2008 9:06 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Fire up your VCR and watch some movies, Charissa!

April 23, 2008 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home