Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eight Straight Hours

Wow. I am shocked and amazed that I feel fine this morning. I started out last night at happy hour in Hunt Valley, went home and let out the dog, and headed straight for Canton. I drank for about eight hours - that's UNREAL for me. And surprisingly I woke up this morning just the tiniest bit thirsty, but sans headache. Lovely.

So last night a group of coworkers and I went to Walts Inn. I know. My last post about Walts Inn was quite negative, but after a manager posted a friendly comment asking me to give Walts another shot, I was happy to oblige. And it was actually a lot better. There was a familiar face behind the karaoke machine - a girl who's name escapes me but has karaoked before - and the bartenders were (as always) very nice. The KJ who I was unhappy with last time was there, too, and he took over later in the night; but he was much more professional and responsible this time around. All-in-all it was leaps and bounds better.

Of course, later in the night it got unbearably crowded, but that's just what happens at Walts. The overflow from Canton Square starts around 11 PM, and usually (last night included) it gets super packed. Luckily, I was a number of drinks down by then. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was great to see you again, wish I could have talked to you a little but my better half would have gotten mad.
I will try to find you a place to sing, I always like your singing.
Don't let that ass keep you from coming out let me know when you are planning on going out and maybe we can get Mike in for that. Don't let one bad apple spoil it for you.

April 20, 2008 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new karaoke destination is Poncabird Pub on Saturday nights. The songbook has everything you could imagine and you can sing all night. You'll have to bring a crowd with you, though, there were all of maybe 10 people in there when I went and only 2 of them were singing. You should definitely check it out, it's a surprisingly nice place.

July 04, 2008 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home