Saturday, March 01, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

Walts Inn has changed. I remember going there five years ago for karaoke - about every week - and the bartenders, the KJ and the regulars all knew me. Even a year ago it was better. But I went there with a friend last night, and it was pretty crappy. We got there at 11:30 PM, and I didn't sing until 1:30. That's ridiculous. When we arrived, there were less than 25 people in the bar, but the KJ (karaoke DJ) let the regulars or whoever sing 5 or 6 times each before we even got one song in.

I don't know - I've always considered Walts my go-to place. It's been one of my favorite bars in Baltimore for five years, but I'm not so sure anymore. I love Gunna, the bartender, she's great, but the regulars I used to know aren't there, and the KJ (who is the son of one of the bartenders) is a truly shitty KJ. Karaoke at Walts is no longer the fun it used to be; it's more like showing up on time for a doctor's appointment, only to have to wait two hours to actually see the doctor. I mean, the KJ was outside smoking more than he was doing his job. Walts Inn never used to be the pathetic karaoke place, but it's turning into that, and it stinks.

Fortunately, the rest of the night was wonderful. I have some really fabulous friends, and spending time with them is always fun (you know who you are), but I don't know about Walts anymore. It had been awhile since I'd been there last, and I think it will be awhile before I go back. So I guess I'm now in search of a new karaoke bar... and as you know, recommendations are always appreciated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

oh, Walt's... that makes me sad, too. Remember when we went last it was filled with weird young people. I'll never forget that weird "Russian (or whatever she was) girl.

March 03, 2008 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canton karaoke has fallen on hard times, I'm afraid. Mahaffey's was a great place on Thursday nights, but alas, sing alongs are no more. I'm searching too, I'll let you know if anything worthwhile comes along.

March 04, 2008 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charissa~~thank you for your feedback on Walt's Inn. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself at Walt's Inn. We will certainly look into what you said about the KJ being outside smoking instead of doing his job and also letting people take more than their allotted turns. We try to run a decent place so everyone can have fun and relax. We are going to look into this situation and hopefully you will give Walt's Inn another chance.

March 13, 2008 12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was great to see you again. I wanted to chat but my better half would have gotten mad. I will try to find you a spot for you to sing, I always enjoy it. Remember the old saying you can't let one bad apple spoil the barrel for you. Again it was great to see you, but no with all those guys. HA HA

April 20, 2008 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home