Sunday, February 24, 2008

Irritability

I'm kind of irritable. Here's why.

Last night we had girls night, which included seeing a play down at the Laurel Mill Playhouse, and then appetizers and beers at DuClaw... total fun. It's clear to me that I need to find more time for theatre in my life - both seeing shows and participating somehow. It's super hard to do three plus weeks of rehearsals when you have pets at home who want to be with you, which is why I haven't done much of anything in over five years. Anyway... I rediscovered Bare Ass Blonde Ale (I usually drink Venom, which is okay) which is actually pretty yummy... and had tasty tuna and crab pretzelness. After DuClaw, we went to Max's for our last drink, and this is where I became irritable.

In one word: boys. A group of boys infiltrated our girl group and started flirting. I actually did my best to avoid them and kept talking to Jessica because I wasn't too interested, but one of the boys kept staring at me, so after awhile his friend brought him over for the awkward "my friend likes you" introduction. Fine. Cool. Whatever. So chatting ensued, and at some point it was discussed that I am originally from Ohio. The whole conversation went downhill from here. This guy actually started attacking Ohio... it was strange. I don't think I've ever met anyone who seemed to hate Ohio so much. I told him numerous times that his comments were not appreciated but he still kept going. At some point, I even looked over at the guy who liked me and said something like, "it's a shame your friend completely ruined this for you" (not that he had a chance anyway, but I wanted to make a point).

I excused myself after a few minutes to pay the tab, and what do you know? The guy pulled out the oldest insult in the book, and called me a midget. Yep. Now those of you who know me also know that I am normally not phased by short jokes at all. In fact, I appreciate a good short joke, especially if I've never heard it before (I've heard lots). But this time I just got peeved. We left the bar shortly after and headed home, but even now after lots of sleep, I'm irritated. Midget? Really? F-er.

So... what does Charissa do to calm herself? You've got it.

1. Shower - done
2. Go to CJ's new place and clean/take measurements - done (Nicole did better than I did. Sigh.)
3. Do Laundry - done
4. Put laundry away - done
5. Do floors - done
6. Clip Antonio's nails - done
7. Vacuum - done
8. Clean cat box - done
9. Dust - done
10. Clean bathroom - done
11. Take out trash - done
12. Launder sheets - done
13. Iron - in progress
14. Make food for lunches/dinners - done

Look... Ohio kicks ass, and I'll defend it forever. Yes, I'm short - I know. I'm fine with it. But people suck. Period.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

What a putz!

February 24, 2008 12:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Those silly little boys were not even worth the time it would take to tell them how pathetic they were. Dumb dumb dumb...

February 24, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

There must have been some kind of mojo in Fells. I was up there last night too, and we kept running into these bachelor parties full of pudwackers. They were full on with the douchebaggery (I felt really bad for our bartenders). I hope you gave the bastards hell.

February 24, 2008 1:48 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Wow. What a winner.

February 24, 2008 6:52 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm surprised you didn't throw a beer in his face!

February 24, 2008 7:21 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Now that's a powerful lobby, the people originally from Ohio. He should have known better to fuck with us.

Representin' ...

February 24, 2008 7:21 PM  
Blogger Cham said...

Enough with the swiffering and bars are for losers. Try going here. They always need actors and will take anyone off the street, experience is not always necessary.

February 24, 2008 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "jerk" was probably jealous of his friend for having spotted you first -- so he did the only thing he could do. He ruined it for his buddy!

February 25, 2008 3:19 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

That sounds like the equivalent of pulling your pigtails and running away, at best. What a freakin' tool.

February 25, 2008 9:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohio rules! Don't need that kind of trash around you and the ladies! :)

February 25, 2008 10:33 AM  
Blogger Carol Ott said...

Pfft. You may be short, but you're a little pistol. God help anyone who messes with you...or the state of Ohio...

February 26, 2008 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home