Monday, September 08, 2008

Hannah

I feel the need to purge - not vomit - but purge things. Being away all weekend and coming back only to turn around and go to work makes my life feel a mess. The house isn't a disaster or anything, but it's no secret that I've outgrown this apartment, and I feel crowded. Maybe this is all just a result of being in a constant state of doing. I'm usually either working or thinking about working. Grrr...

ANYWAY... here's a video of a few minutes on the beach last Saturday as Tropical Storm Hannah was passing through Virginia. My parents and I each had cameras, and it was quite uncomfortable to face the direction of the pier because the wind and sand would sting your face.



These images probably look nondescript, but the "soft" look of the sand is actually blowing sand. It's moving.Also, my apologies on the last one - I had no idea I was aiming so crooked when I took it, but it shows how much of the beach has been eroded...


1 Comments:

Blogger jpb2525 said...

glad your home safe! I love Virginia Beach - many fond memories with my family!! So sad to see the erosion...!

September 10, 2008 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home