Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike

Anyone else up and watching this? I didn't plan to watch, but I woke up about 40 minutes ago, and, after remembering that Ike was making landfall, I started watching the news. Now I'm watching a few live blogs from that area... and I admit that I have an awful pit in my stomach as I watch. I still feel guilty for wishing Katrina would hit (because I was curious what a direct hit would do), so this time I'm agonizing over Ike. I really feel for these people... it's getting really bad.

There are 90 mph gusts in downtown Houston (can you imagine?). Folks who decided to stay in Galveston have been calling 911 for help since they've realized the mistake they made. It makes me ill to think about those people... just sick.

THIS SITE has a lot of links that I'm working from... it's going to get worse from here. Pray for these people...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I am expecting updates from the office. My group is kind of on-call--for what, though, I cannot say--as a result of the effect Ike is having on our Houston office. Of course, that office was shutdown yesterday, and personnel were moved to alternate operating sites. Suffice to say, my last two days at work were filled with DR planning and communication.

September 13, 2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger *D* said...

You should have seen what Ike did here in Ohio. Two days of lots of rain, then yesterday BIG winds (for around here). Lots of schools called off because of no electric or trees down. I even had to put away my "I like Ike" pin from the 50's!

September 15, 2008 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home