Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Charles

So I highly recommend SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE at The Charles Theatre. It was really done well. There are some gory parts, some sad parts, some romance, and some action - plenty for all. The movie is split between subtitles and English, but it's all worked in and pretty effortless. There's even a bonus Bollywood scene during the credits. Priceless! This is one to see... and possibly to own.

Thank you Leslie and Roger for inviting me out on my first social event in a week. I'm still not ready for parties (sorry, Katie), but it was nice to get out in a small group where no one (other than the three people with me) paid any attention to me. Slowly but surely, right?

Yesterday I came home to a sympathy card from my vet. It was signed by some of the people who cared for Elliott the last few weeks with some lovely notes, but more importantly, it included a card with Elliott's paw prints on it. I cried, of course. But I am grateful to have this small gift. It will be treasured. There was also a poem included.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow frail and weak and pain should wake me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done, for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest, your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears.
You'll not want me to suffer so; when the time comes, please let me go.

I know in time you too will see, it is a kindness you do me.
Although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering, I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you who has has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years; don't let your heart hold any tears.

- Anonymous

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

*sob*

December 13, 2008 1:22 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

yes, sobbing.

December 13, 2008 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in for a while. I'm so sorry to hear about Elliot. Sending you tons of cross-country hugs.

December 13, 2008 11:01 PM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

My vet sent me the same thing, with a copy of the "Rainbow Bridge".


It gets better....

December 13, 2008 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home