Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I'm officially out of the mystery pasta-soup I made this weekend. It wasn't that bad considering I just threw a bunch of stuff in a pot. I ate it for days and days. Now I have to cook again. Ugh. Mom - you're GOYA rice and beans are next up.
2. Antonio is acting better. Last night he destroyed a toy and left fuzz all over the living room. That's my dog.
3. TV on Tuesdays sucks.
4. My house is really still. I never realized how much cats provide a "white noise" to a house. Now when Antonio and I are just laying down, it's super silent. No kitty nails on the linoleum. No sound of cat eating hard food and dropping pieces of it all over my kitchen floor. It's just quiet. I'm not sure I like it.
5. I finished one of the scarfs I am making for Christmas. I tried to add blue colors to it but it looked super tacky. I'm considering a few other ideas to fancy it up. Suggestions welcome.
6. I need to decide when I'm going home for Christmas. Dear Ohio friends - when are you going to be there, please?
7. I hit a crying roadblock today. I've actually reached a point where I can't even tear up. I can't possibly be all cried out. I'm not ready yet. My mom said that I may be enjoying mourning. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not ready to move on. I almost want to cry more and now I can't. Does that make sense?
8. The cream and green blanket that I am crocheting has been named the Elliott blanket for his white fur and green eyes. It's now larger than a table runner, but not yet remotely close to a usable blanket. 'cept to 'tonio.
9. Antonio has a new collar. Nice, huh?
10. I'm going to lie down with my dog, now...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet!! You have such a lovely pet.

December 10, 2008 4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All cried out FOR NOW...have no fear....you will get back to it when you are ready...I know the feeling of wanting to cry and not being able to...crying is almost "good for the soul". It definitely helps you heal...
Thinking of you as always.....
The Elliott blanket is both beautiful and special...mine is called the hysterectomy blanket..see I named mine too...
Hugs and love,
Annie

December 10, 2008 3:52 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

You are doing just what you need to be doing. Heck. I still have Sadie in my closet. Talk about not being able to let go. I wrote the book!

December 10, 2008 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home