Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Vegas Notes

Oh boy, I'm tired. It's only 6:45 here, but 9:45 at home in MD! I should be prepping for bed! Luckily (and I mean that) I have no plans for tonight, so I ordered some Chili, and I'll hit the sack in about an hour. Earlier I was tempted to meet up with coworkers for a few drinks, but I can do that anytime. I'd like to try to avoid completely adapting to West Coast time, if at all possible.

So I walked about half of the CES show floor today - of course not everything was setup because the show officially opens tomorrow - but I made a few mental notes of things I saw - both useful and not.

1. OMG Jeopardy is going to be taped from a set in the Central Hall tomorrow night. How cool is that? Unfortunately I am not planning on being at the convention center tomorrow, and even if I was... there weren't that many seats. But cool. Pic is on my Facebook page.
2. I think the best HD TV I saw "in action" today was from Pioneer. It was actually playing off of a BR disc from an HD Blu-Ray player, but it was AWESOME. I'm sure the model will be somewhere, but this baby looked better than anything else I saw running. It was incredible.
3. Maybe I missed this (because I should have known about it, honestly), but iLuv has an Internet Radio that is flipping international. What was my first thought? ("My mom would LOVE this.") 15,000 radio stations. Scroll by country. It's Wi Fi and Ethernet capable. So neat.
4. LG burst my bubble and announced their phone-watch, and it's a touch-screen watch phone like Dick Tracy had that also does video. Cool, but I don't think it's a US launch. At least not soon. Just my guess. What is wrong with our carriers? This is totally nerd-friendly.
5. FAAAAAAARRRRRRR too many skinny jeans. Really. Girls - ever heard of boot cut? Oh, and far too many hair bumps. (Girls, you know what I'm talking about.) What? Is it the 80s again? Are we at a beauty contest? Ugh.

Okay - to my delicious chili and goodnight. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

okay, what is a hair bump? I grew up in the 80's and 90's and have no idea.

January 08, 2009 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long will you be in Las Vegas? I hope that you have a great time.
Hugs,
Annie

January 08, 2009 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home