Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Week In Review

So here's my catch-up post. The last week has been filled with parties, work, crab pickin' and work. But seriously, these are just the highlights. More photos on FB.

Some of Katie's friends had a "second birthday" for her - much like the Hobbits' second breakfast. I only stayed for awhile, but it was a lovely night and one of the first nights that Della Rose's had their outside bar open. Gorgeous!

Here are just Corie, Katie and I.

I also spent time at Gina's brother's house for his birthday party. Lots of flip cup was played, but I'm not very good at it, so I'm not sure how much I helped. We were also lucky enough to get a crazy Baltimore Police Helicopter fly-by since our birthday boy is a member of the police department. It was the coolest! The helicopter first circled the house very low so that it was nearly 90 degrees, then he did a CRAZY low fly-over. Loved it. We ended the evening in Tony's basement watching Toto and Hall & Oates in concert on the big screen. So fun!

Here are just the girls - at least those of us still there at the end of the night.

Lastly... I picked crabs. It was super-hard to document because your fingers get so dirty, but I picked three crabs by myself with CJ's detailed instructions. I couldn't have had a better teacher - she was so patient. I still think lungs and mustard are disgusting, but I learned to pick around it.

Here's me all blotchy - that's the international Charissa sign of stress and anxiety (check out the crab body in my hand).

Here's me all done! Dirty hands and everything. Woot!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Cassie said...

oH YEAH....No way lungs and mustard. I'll stick with legs

May 31, 2009 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home