Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm a Busy, Busy Girl

It has been a long time since I have been home, and I've been running around like a madwoman from the moment I got here. For some reason when I pictured coming back home for this weekend, I pictured a few lazy afternoons laying out on my parents' deck, with a laptop on my lap or a book in my hands. That dream has yet to fully materialize.

As I type, I am, in fact, sitting on my parents deck with my laptop, but I am under a screened canopy because it is raining. So far I am staying dry, but Antonio is on my lap and not at all happy that we are so close to the rain. (He hates being wet.) He is watching each and every large drop fall from the edge of the canopy with concern and dread.

But I am not complaining. I have had such a good time, and I have another day or so to go. I have been homesick for awhile now... and I needed to come back here and be reminded of all of the loving family and friends that I have in Ohio. It has been a fun-filled trip so far.

To date, I have done a number of things. A quick list is below.

1. I've attended a BBQ with my parents, sister's family, friends, friends' parents, and friends friends attending. This included a short experience in shock therapy, thanks to BJ's new game, Lighting Reaction Extreme.
2. Went with Jodi's family to see her in Dames at Sea at Porthouse Theatre. This was Jodi's first show as an Actors Equity Association member, and we went out afterwards to eat, drink and be merry! (And I also snagged myself a gay boyfriend... doesn't every girl need one of those?)
3. Went to church service on Sunday morning, which is the first one I've been to in a long while. The minister that baptized me is preaching all summer as an interim minister at a church in my hometown. He does some of the best sermons I have ever heard, and mixes his messages with his knowledge of theology. It was refreshing to hear him again.
4. I had lunch with my sister and mom to celebrate my mom's birthday (on July 4th!). The three of us don't usually get to spend time together alone, so it was so nice to have girl time.
5. Visited my grandpa, and BOY did he enjoy picking on me! When we go to visit him we usually sit around his kitchen table and chat, and he tells us a lot of jokes. He's very funny! Here's a picture of grandpa and I to the right.
6. Went to see The Devil Wears Prada with Marie, Katherine, and Lisa... and I actually enjoyed it (the movie and the girls). I thought the movie would be a bit too "chickie" for me, but I really enjoyed how rude Meryl Streep's character was. I suppose it's not a good sign that I enjoy blatant rudeness, but oh well. I had fun spending time with the girls afterwards too. We went for coffee and when the girls asked for "decaf," I asked for "caf" to be funny. The waitress responded, "We don't have caf here, just decaf." How do these people survive to procreate?
7. Slept in.... THANK GOODNESS. And then spent a few hours going through boxes of old photos. So much fun.
8. I had lunch with my Dad, and we drove up to Yours Truly in Hudson (for those of you that know it). I forgot how good the food is! We had burgers (he had a gardenburger... my parents are so healthy these days) and chatted about all kinds of stuff, then he took me on a driving tour of Akron and all of the changes they are making. It'll be interesting to see how some of these changes pan out. The phot to the right is of the new and improved art museum.

Tonight I'm heading to Cassie's to visit with my high school friends again. I really miss my Ohio friends when I'm away. I love my Baltimore friends so much too, but it's hard not to see everyone on a regular basis. At least we can look forward to times like this. :)

Happy Fourth of July Eve!

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Yours Truly tops my list of places to stop when home. It is my favorite one stop shop for artery clogging Notso Fries. Sounds like you are having a blast.

July 03, 2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Thank you for taking the rain with you.

July 03, 2006 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lighting Reaction Extreme looks like the greatest drinking game of all time. Don't have too much fun and forget to come home...you'll miss all-you-can-eat sushi on Friday!

July 04, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home