Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Great News Times Two

Today was a great day for great news.

First of all, this morning I received a call from the eye center. For those of you that aren't aware, I am nearing the end of a long journey on my quest for 20/20 vision. (Read more about what I have had done so far, here and here.) My third and (hopefully) final surgery will be July 12th, and today I found out that I DON'T have to have the insanely scary surgery that I thought I was going to have. Instead of EPI-LASIK, I will have Intralase or "bladeless" LASIK. What was going to be an entire day of pain will not exist, and what was supposed to be six solid days of healing will now be approximately 24 hours. I AM ECSTATIC.

Without getting into too much detail, the Intralase will use a laser to cut a thin flap on my cornea, rather than the blade used in traditional LASIK. The laser allows my surgeon to cut a thinner flap, which is necessary because I've now had previous corneal surgeries. With the Intralase, I should be able to drive the very next day. I am so happy and excited that I can hardly contain myself. :)

The second great news of that day is that the BAGS IN TREES blog is back up and running! If you recall, I discovered the site a while back, then complained when it wasn't being updated.

Well, Brian from Bags In Trees shot me a very friendly email explaining that they have been on vacation, and I swallowed my pride and offered a sincere apology for my snobbery. I think he and I have come to some sort of understanding (and likely friendship), so Bags In Trees will remain on my site for the long haul. Besides, he earned about 20 points by posting the photo I sent to him on his blog. Very, very clever, he is.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! I hope to see you on Saturday. I will be late because of a performance in downtown Kent. But, I will eventually be there....

June 28, 2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Sucks about your eyes. I was looking forward to having my desire to never have any kind of eye surgery concretely reinforced.

(You know I'm kidding, right ... ?)

June 29, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

SO happy that you don't have to have the other surgery-really, really happy.

June 29, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger epiphanyinbmore said...

I'm happy for you. I've had my share of paiful eye surgeries to last me a lifetime (not for Lasik, but for detched retinas), and I'd never wish it on my worst enemies. That you can drive the next day tells me you'll be just fine!

June 29, 2006 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home