Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Foreign Foods Update

I tried that turkey sausage in pasta sauce over thin spaghetti today (not over regular spaghetti because I happen to think it's too thick)... and it was okay. I was not as disappointed as I thought I would be. It's totally edible. I still miss the meaty, greasiness of authentic Italian sausage... but at least in a pasta sauce, I can handle this substitution for awhile.

On a side note... would you consider Triscuits:
a) Good for you?
b) Bad for you?
c) Nutritionally blah?

I've always loved Triscuits, especially with cheese, but lately I've been fighting a Triscuit addiction. I eat them all day long. I have a box at home and at work. I realize they are a better snack, than say, FRITOS, but do you think I could lose weight on an all Triscuit diet? Just curious.

7 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

triscuits are a staple in our house. we love the different flavors and each of us eat them with something different. i eat the rye ones plain, the garlic ones are our favorite- i eat mine with fresh tomato salad and fresh mozzarella, both my husband and daughter like the rosemary flavor. josslyn likes to dip her triscuits in ranch dressing (along with any other food i allow her). it's a sad thing... we go through 2 boxes a week. so maybe we should start a triscuit addiction group.

September 28, 2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

i used to eat tons of triscuits in the 70s. i always thought of them as edible burlap. not that that is a bad thing :) of course the 70's were all about macrame and peasant blouses, so it all worked together.

September 28, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

Oh dear Lord, I am with Cherylann. They are da' bomb! I can't get enough of the Rosemary and Olive Oil ones!

September 28, 2006 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It depends where you are on the diet scale.

If you are in the "25 years old, gee a 5000 calorie per day diet might be a bit much" catagory and you need to tweak your diet just a smidge, the 140 calories in 7 crackers with 5 grams of fat won't be much of a problem.

If you are in the "45 years old, look at a piece of licorice and you gain 5 pounds" catagory, sorry the triscuits are out. Please enjoy your tofu, canned tuna and steamed vegetables because that is all you get.

September 28, 2006 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, if you have reached the age where you are "old as dirt," you can eat as many Triscuits or Toastitos as you want, provided you know you will be paying the price.....

September 28, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

I am all for triscuts, but generally, I'm a wheat thin kinda girl. Triscuts are always at my sister's house, because she thinks they're healthier than wheat thins.

September 29, 2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Lana Gramlich said...

I found this post trying to found out if Triscuits are good for us (I just had a few with cream cheese, myself.) I also found a little TLC piece about the invention & nutriciousness of Triscuits, if you're still interested.
Now that I think about it, they might even be good w/some fruit on there...

January 12, 2010 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home