Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Foreign Foods

In my quest to live healthier, I purchased "hot Italian" turkey sausage rather than regular sausage. Fewer grams of fat. Fewer calories. But I cooked it and I miss the greasy deliciousness of the sausage cooking in the pan. Now my apartment has this "foreign foods" smell; and not 'foreign' in a good way, but 'foreign' in a "I can eat that?" kind of way.

I am going out for dinner tonight, so I haven't tasted the turkey sausage yet. But if it tastes anything like it smells, I think I am going to be very disappointed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used that for a bit around here for substitution but it was always just that. It could never become a true replacement for italian or smoked sausage.

It only became close when I cooked it in a pan with canola oil.

September 26, 2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

hahaha... i know and hate that smell. my husband always cooks with spices, so when walking in the door i'm always accosted by spicy smells- combined with my glade french vanilla plugin, so it's rather weird and confusing... but yeah.

September 27, 2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

I tell you what, Trader Joe's has some really really great chicken sausage, but I use it in sauces, so some of the flavors mix in there.

September 27, 2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home