Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"Mom, Can I Come?"

In the morning, I'm headed back home to my hometown for an extended weekend. I'll be visiting with friends as well as attending the wedding of a childhood friend.

Antonio, the dog, always comes along on my trips home — but Elliott, the cat, doesn't travel so well. Most cats don't travel very well. So unfortunately for us all, he'll be alone for 3-4 days. I've made sure that he'll have plenty of food and water, and my landlord may check in on him to make sure he's not going buggy.

I spent a lot of time packing up tonight, and while I was packing, Elliott decided to test out his stowaway skills. He's 12 hours early, but this just might work if he has good timing in the morning.

Poor L'elly...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lelly monster is always welcome here, even if he does knock things down and sleep on our heads. He's still a really great cat.

September 21, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

If you ever need one, I have a great catsitter I can recommend. While cats usually do fine for a few days on their own, most of them like a little company. Hope you have a good trip!

September 21, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Kitty!

I didn't know you have a kitty!

Poor Elliott. Poor baby kitty. But, he'll be fine. As someone who's only slept in her own bed maybe three times this whole month, my babies are fine.

September 21, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Mom: We'll see once you and dad move... besides, what would Peek-A-Boo think?

Summer: I may take you up on that. Elliott is deaf, so his world is completely quiet. He gets a little crazy when he's alone too long.

NPR: Yep. One of each. Elliott is 9, and Antonio is soon to be 6. He's a sturdy cat, just a bit weird from being deaf and all.

September 22, 2006 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home