Thursday, September 14, 2006

'I'm Lovin' It'

I love McDonalds. I really do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I worked at a local McD's restaurant during high school, and I will still (happily) eat it today.

Favorite meal: Big Mac meal with (unflavored) iced tea, unless I am driving. Big Macs are near impossible to eat in the car, so if I am on the road, I'll order a Quarter Pound Cheeseburger meal (hold the onions!) instead.

That said, McDonalds has given us all another reason to love them — "McDonald's throws weight behind obesity research."

The food chain is donating $2 million to scientific researchers studying childhood obesity prevention. Awesome. No one ever said that McDonalds (or any other fast food chain) is particularly healthy for you, but for goodness sake's you aren't supposed to eat fast food every day.

My name is Charissa Costa, and I love McDonalds.

Update: It looks like McDonald's wants to thank me for my positive endorsement. Right back at ya, Ronald!

(Thanks Johnny D for the link!)

5 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

Oh, HEAR HEAR!!! I am in complete agreement. I actually got into an arguement about Mickey D's last night on the plane with a guy I met, he was astounded that I love it. But, I do. Oh, the lovely salt! Oh, the lovely cocacola!

September 14, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

i can take it r leave it, but this is a pretty fun spin on mickey dee's.

http://www.ronaldmchummer.com/

p.s. you deserve a break today!

September 14, 2006 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

September 14, 2006 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, there are moments where McD's works. I don't go there very often--I can count on one hand how many times I have been there in the last year. Sometimes, though, quick and cheap does the trick.

September 15, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Cham said...

I like McDonalds and I am a health freak. No matter what podunk burg you are in, if you can get to a McDonalds you can have a reasonably healthy Asian Salad, some Fruit and Nuts, and the counter people are very generous with the cups of water.

Okay, the stuff might not be organic or grown locally but you can't have it all. I'll defend Mickey Dees from a bad rap any day.

September 18, 2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home