Friday, September 15, 2006

Flashback Fridays

Today is the third and final submission in my grade school photo series. (Click here to view the first and second photos.)

I'm pretty easy to spot in this photo for two reasons. First, I am officially the shortest person in class by my second grade year (see my feet?); and second, if you are an avid reader of my blog, you had to figure the glasses would show up eventually. Yes, I am the happy, smiling child in the front row on the far right.


From what I recall, I loved my second grade year, although I remember taking off my glasses and putting them in my desk often because I didn't want to wear them all of the time. I believe my grades were good, but I recall getting into trouble for talking on more than one occasion, and Miss Fickes was STRICT!

The second grade also marked the first year I had a boyfriend. (Who knew a girl in glasses could be so attractive?) His name was/is Tom, and in this photo he is sitting on the opposite end on of the first row. I don't really remember much about him, except that his friends tried to get him to kiss me, and that his sister's name was Reagan, which I thought was cool at the time.

I wish I remembered the names of both the little girl sitting next to me as well as the little girl sitting next to Tom. I think we were pretty good friends in this school year. I was also secretly in love with Scotty, my next door neighbor, who is in the second row, third from the left.

Oh, the drama! My, my how times have changed...

10 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Ms. Fickes has some serious hairage going on!

September 15, 2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Four Eyes!

September 15, 2006 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom was such a cutie! Any chances of rekindling that old flame?

=)

September 15, 2006 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could the little girl be Natalie - for some reason that name comes to mind.

Maybe Natalie House???? Not at all sure, just a flash.

September 15, 2006 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you visited my classmates profile and left your name for me to know you visited. So I thought I would check your blog site. Tom is married now I forget where he lives. His sister Reagan just moved not too long ago with her husband from the house her and her brother grew up in. Wish I could remember you but I can't quite place who you are een with the pics. It's great to see old classmates though :)

September 15, 2006 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Different times, same drama, right? A little taller, too, I guess.

September 15, 2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is going on outside of the picture that some of the kids are making faces at?

September 15, 2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I wish I could remember these kids names! Grrr... Ya Mon, I have no idea what they are looking at. Just take note that I am the good kid staring right at the camera man.

September 15, 2006 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You moved the next year so most of those kids you haven't seen since you were eight.

September 15, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

tee hee you are so cute

and yes, your teacher did have some crazy hair!!

September 16, 2006 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home