Monday, October 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Antonio!

I can't believe it, but my little man turns 6 years old today! I was going to get him those frozen dog treats as a birthday gift, but I was warned that his belly might not like them so well, so we'll settle for a busy bone. (He won't know the difference anyway...)

In honor of my weiner dog and dachshunds everywhere, I'm posting (with permission) my mom's poem, "At the Dachshund Family Picnic." She wrote it after attending the annual Dachshund Picnic with me that is held in Northeast Ohio.

At the Dachshund Family Picnic

Wiggling bundles of energy
Tails tocking in the air
The flopping of a thousand ears
There were dachsies everywhere

Some wore scarves and some wore sweaters
Some came in twos and threes
Some yipped and some were quiet
As they wriggled ‘neath our knees

There were Dappled by dozen
And Brindles by the bunch
Long haired, shorted haired, curlies
All pleading for our lunch

They pranced around like ponies
Toes tapping as to dance
Some hoping for a rendezvous
A dachsie - hund romance

All their people, they stood proudly
Knowing their ‘Hund was best
For all the people who love dachshunds
Are blissfully obsessed

Pamela Parks Costa
7/14/2002

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sing the little doxie Happy Birthday for me. What a sugarplum!

October 02, 2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 6th, 'tonio!

love,
the prevatts (mostly rocky)

October 02, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Happy Birthday, Antonio!

Wishing you both many more happy years together as mama and puppy!

October 02, 2006 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet little Antonio. What a good lookin' little man.

October 02, 2006 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home