Saturday, September 30, 2006

SOLD!

Good news! My parents' house is sold! This is huge feat for them because the Ohio housing market is not very hot these days. They put a lot of work into our house over the years, from hardwood and ceramic floors, to renovated rooms and a new gorgeous deck... and it paid off. Some homes in their neighborhood have been on the market for a year or more, and theirs was off the market in just a few months.

It was certainly sad being home last week, knowing that those days and nights would be my last in that house. That house has been my "home" for 22 years, and it became even more of a beacon after I moved to Baltimore on my own. It was rough to say goodbye. I definitely teared up pulling out of the driveway for the last time.

I am so happy for my parents because they are moving into their dream home — a beautiful house on the West (and classier) side of town with a view and access to the Metroparks. They will be happy there, and closer to my sister's family and my grandpa. Those are the most important things.

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rissa :) A nice writeup, and we feel a lot of the same emotions... but my plan is to make the new house even better ;)

September 30, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Having bought 2 houses and sold one, I can tell you I feel the pain, C. I know how heart wrenching and frustrating house selling can be. Kudos to your parents!

September 30, 2006 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the costa's!!

October 02, 2006 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home