Sunday, October 08, 2006

Last Night's Festivities & This Morning's Drama

Last night I went out to JDs to meet some friends. They had been drinking since the afternoon, so I felt like the 'sober' friend instantly and did my best to catch up. In doing that, I learned a very important lesson - if you order a shot at JDs and you are with Heather, they make the shots heavy on the liquor side. I had what must have been the worst red-headed slut (that's the name of the drink, mom) I have ever had in my life. It was just horrendous. Lesson learned. I also met a few new friends (hi Rick!), but had to leave JDs abruptly because two of my friends were over at my favorite bar, WALTS INN.

Photos from JDs...
HeathChar DanaChar

For those of you that are familiar with the Canton area, you've probably heard of Walts. It's a small dive bar about a block off of the square that has karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights. I've been going there longer than I lived in Baltimore. I LOVE THAT BAR. Unfortunately, I hadn't been there in a long time - mostly because of the eye surgeries I had earlier this year, but also because the girlfriend that used to go with me isn't speaking to me anymore. I kept meaning to go back, but just never got around to it.

Anyway, I headed over there at 1 AM — way too late to get a song in, but because Walts is my 'Cheers,' Mike, the KJ, was kind enough to let me sing. I couldn't believe it. That was so awesome of him. I also saw Terry, bar owner and my biggest fan... and gave him a sincere apology for my absence. After Walts we went to my friends' house and watched Dane Cook, a funny, funny comedian... and I fell asleep on the couch. I've never been one that's good at staying awake. Oh well. Luckily I have friends that take care of me.

Needless to say, this morning I have a headache, so I spent all morning in bed. At around 11:30 I woke up to screaming on my street. It was coming from the usual house, about 3 or 4 down, and from the usual punks that live and hang out there. I hear, "Give me my phone b*tch," over and over, accompanied by a crying female, "Leave me alone. Get off me." This goes on for 10 or 15 minutes before I stick my head out of the window (yes, I'm one of those neighbors) and see that the punk kid is carrying an infant as he's screaming at (I assume) the baby's mom.

Once I see the baby, I get a little perturbed, because it's so trashy to be holding a baby and screaming obscenities, and frankly, it pisses me off. So I say, "Who's baby is that?" He responds, "It's my son." (Note the "my.") I think I said, "I feel sorry for the baby" or something and closed my window.

Well, after another ten minutes of this, I called the police. Seriously... scream at each other if you want, but eventually you need to resolve the issue and for heaven's sakes, don't place your child in the middle of it. While I am dozing in and out of sleep, I hear the punk's mom come out and threaten to call the police herself. The argument continued quietly for awhile before the baby started crying and the punk started yelling at the girl to "feed her f'n baby." No joke. I heard him pushing her inside and yelling, "You're gonna feed the baby,[girl's name]."

Things quieted down after that, but the police did come eventually (you gotta b'lieve, hon). I was trying to get back to sleep, but after a while I heard the police come out of the house, telling the family that multiple people called the police and that the punk kid was seen hitting the girl. The girl called her mom on a cordless phone from the sidewalk, sobbing that she was being "thrown out" and the punk kid (get this) was led away in handcuffs.

Drama! I feel like I live on Anger Hangover's block... minus the prostitutes and pimps.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it was a good idea to tell me that was a name of a drink, I was putting on my shoes when I saw the rest of the sentence. I mean, hey it is only six hours to Baltimore.

October 08, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger julie said...

I woulda taken that kid to jail, too. OK, two questions:

What is a Redheaded Slut made of? (Don't say "loose morals and cheap perfume"...)

And, what song did you sing?

October 08, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Mom: I love you. You're so funny.... stay put, I'm fine. :)

Julie: I suppose I could look it up, but the main ingredient is Jager. I could do that stuff straight in college, but I seriously considered vomiting after that shot. It was horrible. And the song I sang was 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA. I heart ABBA. :)

October 09, 2006 2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! That would make for a quiet night on my block!

I love Walts Inn!

October 09, 2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Aw... young and sweet, only seventeen. That song reminds me of bad parties in college. ;)

October 09, 2006 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, it's the name of a drink. The Titanic could sink also, what a load of crap.

Next you are going to tell the Easter Bunny is in my imagination.

October 10, 2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home