Thursday, October 05, 2006

Official Announcement

Today I can officially announce to the blogging community that (in my real life) I have accepted a new position at another company. I have been with my current employer for three and a half years, and although I have enjoyed the experience, it is now time for me to take the next step in my career.

The last few weeks have been quite rough on me as the interviewing process came to a close and the realization of leaving my current job became real. There were many moments that I wanted to blog about - from the 6 hour interviews (yes, plural) to the "groovy shoes" I bought for my new suit... but it wouldn't have been appropriate or fair to do so knowing that it hadn't been announced internally. I certainly feel a sense of relief and excitement being able to tell you all.

So my last official day is October 13th, and I'll be starting my new job the following Monday on the 16th. It will be a quick turnaround, and although I'm not one to blog about my job or company, it's likely that the next 6 weeks will be filled with many challenging days. Minimally, these experiences should provide some much needed color to my posts. :)

There are so many people that I will miss. The last three and a half years have taught me a lot about myself and my abilities, as well as where I want to be in life. I have learned so much and have enjoyed sharing in the successes of our department and our company with many people that have become my good friends.

So for those of you out there reading - thank you for your friendship and your support. It has been a joy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Double Dogged said...

Yes, congrats to you! With your great personality you will do well no matter where you go.

October 06, 2006 7:02 AM  
Blogger kris said...

Congrats. :)

October 06, 2006 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There comes a time to move on, and this is it. Best of luck in the new position.

October 06, 2006 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh C! Where do I even begin? You know I will miss you dearly as you have become one of my very closest friends. While I'm sad to see you go and the realization of no longer spending 8 hrs/day with you stings a little, you'll do wonderfully in your new position and I wish you all the luck in the world. Love you!

October 06, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

yes, yes, happy schmappy. it's not in ohio is it???
nope.
eh, good luck anyway ;)

October 06, 2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

Congratulations... you sound so excited and happy. oh, and tell us about your new groovy shoes!

October 06, 2006 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home