Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Call of the Wild

So I still haven't cooked lunch for work yet - although I am working on it now - which means I ventured out for food at noon today. I picked up some drive thru and decided to walk around the lot our building is on before heading inside... just trying to take advantage of the break.

I walked by the light rail and couldn't believe what I saw: A FOX! Poor baby, he was limping and looked like he had been hit. I thought about calling the SPCA, but I figured by the time I called, he'd be gone.

The whole thing made me a bit sad.
He was a good lookin' little guy.


4 Comments:

Blogger Broadsheet said...

Are you sure that's a fox? Where's the bushy tail and pointy nose? I think that might have been a mangy dog. Still sad. Same outcome.

November 14, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Hmmm... just figured his tail was matted when he got hit or whatever wounded him. His whole back half is dirty and flat. I dunno now. I guess it's up for discussion... poor guy.

November 14, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

It looks like a fox to me, but most of the time, right after I realize I've seen one, its bouncing out from under my rear tires.

November 14, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

C, next time, instead of calling the SPCA, let me know (I know how that sounds...) I am involved in several rescue organizations up here that have connections down your way. The SPCA doesn't trap, but there are groups that would be able to track down our limping friend and help out. That is sad, though. That kind of stuff rips my heart out.

November 15, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home