Friday, December 22, 2006

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

Well JJT had it right: I'm a sucker for memes. I guess I should feel more ashamed at my blatant childishness, but I just don't.

FIVE THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME UNTIL NOW

1. I was a semi-finalist to get on Season Two of Big Brother on CBS. Yep, I was about 24 years old and I auditioned for the show. My roommate Jessie and I rented a video camera and taped my submission video. The theme of the video was that I was small, so I wouldn't take up any room in the Big Brother house. We taped me crawling into boxes, stuffed in a freezer, and climbing out of a filing cabinet, amongst other things. It was pretty funny. I actually got a call back and went to Philadelphia for an interview, but alas... it wasn't meant to be. (I saw the Liberty Bell for the first time that day, though.)

2. I once won Myst by playing it for two days straight. This was obviously when I was in between jobs... I had just moved to Baltimore from Ohio and I was interviewing, so I had a lot of free time on my hands. I LOVE Myst because it's a logical game, and not only did I win the thing in 48 hours, but I took notes on how each puzzle was solved so that the next player would have a cheat sheet.

3. I've kissed a girl. Well, that's misleading because she kissed me. Once when I was about six, a neighbor girl french kissed me. (I don't think my mom knew this story until now.) I guess I kissed her back, but I'm sure I didn't know what I was doing. What can I say? She had older brothers... she must have learned it by watching them.

4. I won an Elaine look alike contest in college. You know, Elaine from Seinfeld. I used to have curly hair and that barrette 'poof' thing that Elaine used to sport on her head. Every once in awhile I am still told that I have some of her mannerisms, even all these years later. Anyway, after the contest, the guys who won Jerry and George and I would meet up occasionally for drinks, and to this day, we still never call each other by our real names. I walk into a bar and hear "E-laaaaaaaiiine!" And I quickly respond, "Jeeerrrryyy. Geooooorrrgge!" Good times.

5. I've had my body airbrushed to look like a cheetah. My sister took an airbrushing class six or seven years ago, and I think I earned $50 or so being the guinea pig/model for the class. I wore underwear and a tube bra and the students practiced airbrushing techniques on me - head to toe. It made for some cool photos and a neat experience!

Now I tag Jess, Angie, Julie, and Summer!

4 Comments:

Blogger Double Dogged said...

I like body paint. Some of the art work is outstanding. Besides, you can save money by not having to wear clothes.

Double Dogged

December 22, 2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

now see... those are some interesting answers. hooray!

December 22, 2006 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you couldn't resist. Heh.

As for the Elaine thing, I can see that. Of course, this now opens me up for the potential "Get OUT!!!" from you the next time I see you.

December 22, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger Russ, Jess, and Sam said...

OMG those are great facts and SO funny! I heard some at Claddagh's the other night and laughed out loud, but the rest of them are hilarious too! How on EARTH am I ever going to come up with five interesting facts about myself....hmmm...

December 22, 2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home