Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Trip Home and Day One

I slept in until 10 AM today... of course that doesn't include coming home at 12:30, letting out the dog at 5 AM and again at 7 AM. I feel rested for now. I love that feeling.

Well, even after waiting until Saturday morning to make the drive, it was still quite foggy on parts of 70E towards western Maryland. You can see in these photos that visibility was poor, but there were also sections where the fog started about ten feet off of the ground, so visibility was great, but the fog hung thickly over our heads for miles.

Although not comparable to many places in the west, I do appreciate the beauty of the Appalachians.






I took a few quick (not artistic) shots of some of the foothills.







I missed a few pretty shots because I was talking on the phone, but oh well.

After arriving at my parents' house, Antonio and I were given a tour of the new house (photos later). It's really nice. It's a 1950s ranch and even has the original tile in the bathrooms. It's so cool. (J$ would love it, I think!) After the tour, we headed to Max McQs in Merriman Valley for dinner, and then I cleaned up and went over Marie and BJs.

Here is a picture of gorgeous Lily and me. Marie and I went for beers and nachos (yay!) and tons of catching up before we went back to her house and did a little crafting. Oh how I miss crafting. I need to consider turning my living room into craft central for a few weeks this spring because I am in serious craft withdraw. More details on that to come at a later date.

(Me, Marie and BJ - These are two of my very best friends.)

That rounded out Saturday. Lunch with Ang, JB and Scott has been postponed to Tuesday before I drive back, so today is 100% family time (unless Jessie calls me back!). I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve (or whatever holiday you may celebrate)!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Merry Christmas, Charissa!

December 24, 2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Merry Christmas, Charissa and family.

December 24, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Double Dogged said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Charissa! Come back to us safe!

Double Dogged

December 25, 2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home