Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Crap Sleep Again

Yesterday kicked my butt. I had a bunch of GREAT meetings with vendors and potential vendors with a lot of great ideas on how to grow the business. By the end of the day, though, my feet were aching. My last meeting was at 5 PM, so I headed to the monorail at 5:30 PM, got back to the hotel by 6 PM, freshened up, and was in the taxi line at 6:30 PM to go to dinner. Talk about rushed.

Dinner was really good... I would say even better than Emeril's. We went to Del Frisco's... which has the typical wood paneled walls that you see in classy steak joints like Mortons. Great dinner, great wine... witty conversation. I feel really good about the business we discussed, and got MAJOR compliments on how I handled myself in a few meetings with this vendor today. I guess I really made an impression! So much so, that I think this vendor tried to recruit me, then stopped himself due to business ethics. I am flattered that he's worked with me less than three months and is that impressed, although I'm not going anywhere... my job is very challenging, and I think there is a lot of potential to make some waves where I am.

After dinner I all but passed out in bed (hence, no blogging). Wine + a day of running around like a mad woman = passed out Charissa. AGAIN, I had crap sleep. I dreamed all night that my dad (who wasn't my real dad in the dream) killed a guy that wouldn't leave me alone; then later in another dream I was being stalked by an ex (who wasn't a real ex). It was scary, this guy was sneaking into my house (which wasn't my real house) chasing me and cornerig me, and threatening to hurt my animals to get me to do what he wanted. And everytime I called 911, no one would come.

I guess this is stress over being away from home, which I still don't understand. The only time I get homesick is when I am leaving Baltimore for Ohio or visa versa. This is just odd.

Oh well, I am up early (Vegas time) because I got sick of the dreams. I may take a few ibprofens and try to get another hour of sleep. My first meeting today is at 10 AM, but I have plenty of work to do before that. Tonight? NOTHING. I'm ecstatic.

Wish me good meetings today - these are VERY important.

OH... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Angie!! Woo-hoo. Love you, girl!

4 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

good luck today in your meetings. you're a firecracker, girl! (i don't even know if that makes sense, but it does to me anyway...). Take it easy tonight. Have fun.

January 10, 2007 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you, take advantage of tonight and get some rest. Only a couple days left, so your past the no-return point. Your animals will be there all safe and sound (and happy to have you back!) ... bet money thought that Elliot doesn't let you sleep first night back either!!

We love you Rissa, and already knew you could kick ___ ;-)

Love, Dad

January 10, 2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

AWWWWWWW I can't believe I am just reading this. Thank you so much for the shout out on your page! You're awesome to think of me with all that you had going on in Vegas! You know I love you girl!

January 12, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

You are kick@!#. I am not at all surprised by how you're impressing them at your job! I knew you would. :) Now get your butt some very much needed and well deserved rest! See you tomorrow?

January 12, 2007 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home