Thursday, January 04, 2007

No Surprise Here.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
The Northeast
The West
Philadelphia
The South
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

5 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

i don't think that's a very accurate quiz, but i also got midland, which would be about right. You should see the Wikipedia page about the Baltimore "dialect." It's pretty interesting.

January 04, 2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Danielle: That's one of the sites where I did the research for my blog. Some of that content is in the title bar under "Live from Bawlmer." And some is in the sidebar, for example, "Youse" blogs, and the "Right Smart" Exercise.

Yay Baltimore!

January 04, 2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

yeah, it says i have a midland accent too. it confused the hell out of me... my head hurts now. oh, and i took it twice... used different answers and still got midland- what the crap?

January 04, 2007 9:08 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

LOL@ Cherylann. I enjoyed this quiz Charissa...I took it and posted it on my page too.

January 04, 2007 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. I actually took this quiz, just for shits and giggles. It, too, says I have a Midland accent. Let's just say that I have no discernible accent.

Admittedly, I escaped the Baltimore accent by choice, even thought I was surrounded by it as a kid growing up in and around this fair metropolis. The only time it is somewhat discernible is when I say anything that has an "o" in it. My college roommates used to identify this as my "twang," a comment I cannot help but laugh at to this day.

January 05, 2007 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home